Urghh I am so mad about the Charleston shooting -- I already ranted about it a little bit on daily_liberal this morning, so I feel like I shouldn't add a second rant, but during the 15 minutes I was home this evening I heard Fox News doing their dance of bullshit, covering all the stereotypical talking points:
- It isn't a pattern, it's just a single isolated incident!
- He's just a kid! Therefore it's not his fault.
- He was probably mentally ill! You know, with voices in his head! Therefore it's not his fault.
- This is mysterious and no one can explain why it happened! Therefore it's not society's fault.
- Racism was definitely not a factor.